Living Music From the Heart: Music Curriculum Volume 1 for Age 6

For the 6-year-old child

Begin in Waldorf Kindy

* a playful and artistic teaching method

*taught through a child's world of play using rhythm, singing and movement

*very easy and pleasurable for both teacher and child

*Can the wooden pentatonic or diatonic recorder be substituted with this method? Yes, simply play B, A, G.  They are the same tone as penny whistle. Here is a free tutorial:  How to Play and Finger the Choroi Pentatonic Recorder.


Living Music From the Heart: Music Curriculum Volume 1 by Jodie Mesler
Volume 1 Music Kit Includes:
 20 Tutorials and 1 Lesson Ebook
**Purchase pennywhistles separately

What's on the tutorials?
 *7 Teacher Lessons
*20 Lessons to teach your child - enough lessons to last one year
*Games, live in action on the tutorials
*Watch step by step instruction of many hand clap rhythms such as Miss Mary Mack
*Instructed by Jodie Mesler, private music teacher of 20 years

What's in the ebook?
*Articles
- Your Singing Voice
- Understanding the Lesson Format for the Six-Year-Old Child
- Before Beginning Lessons with Your Child
- Understanding the Importance of the Pentatonic Scale
- The Penny Whistle
-7 Teacher Lessons
-20 Lessons to Teach Your Child

What people are saying

My daughter and I absolutely LOVED your Vol 1 music curriculum. Thank you for all the dedicated work that you put in to it! I am looking forward to solidifying our work with Vol 2. What a difference this will make for my daughter's music journey; much better than my own :o) And as a bonus I am learning and understanding music a little more than I ever did in the 20+ years that I spent in lessons and instrumental & vocal groups. What a blessing to have you in our Waldorf homeschooling community! -Joyce from Ohio
Thanks so much Jodie, you have put so much of your time, energy, love for music and passion into this.  Our children do love your curriculum and ask to play the pennywhistle often -  lots of interest and enthusiasm – it suits us well.  I have had no music training so for me, your gift to us is truly a godsend. -Kelly from the UK

I have to rave about Jodie Mesler's Living From the Heart music curriculum. I just finished the first lesson and cannot believe how easy it was for me to play the pentatonic flute! I have been teaching myself to play with David Darcy's book for about three weeks, but I have been feeling like I might not be able to teach my dd the flute in September. Now I know that I can do it, and Jodie already has the lessons all planned out for me in her book! -Nichole from California, Mother to Eliza (6yo)

  Want a peek inside the DVD tutorials? Here is a video sample.